This section contains general technical information about image and video formats:
- Standard Resolutions - containing an overview for all relevant resolutions of computer graphics equipment, TV and video applications or mobile devices.
- Aspect Ratio - describing all relevant display aspect ratios and pixel aspect ratios.
- Color Formats - describing the most important color formats for image and video processing, like RGB, CMY(K), HSL, YUV, YCbCr and YPbPr.
- Color Conversion - containing the necessary equations for converting YUV, YCbCr and YPbPr to RGB and vice versa.
- Video Formats - containing an overview of all relevant standard definition television (SDTV) and high definition television (HDTV) formats used in digital TV or video products.
The section Technical Information on this website has been prepared very carefully - however, equasys GmbH does not warrant the accuracy or the completeness of the given information.
You are encouraged to use the technical service information by setting a link to the equasys web site. You are free to reproduce or to disseminate the technical service information, as long as you do not change the content and you give a proper reference to the source by setting a link to www.equasys.de.
Please use the Contact sheet to submit any comments, proposals or feedback.
Test your Product with Professional Video Test Files!
The equasys Video Test Collection enables the verification of perfect video quality for your product, showcase or installation in all relevant PAL, NTSC and HDTV formats.
As one of the biggest and most complete test collections available today, it enables testing of all relevant parameters of a video system, like color linearity, framerate conversion, video scaling, de-interlacing, motion-compensation, video/audio synchrony and more.
All video sequences of this collection are rendered specifically for each of the 132 (!!!) different video formats.